Come on hurry up,
the bus is going to leave. What are you waiting for?
Get in the bus. If we don’t reach canning
within 9 the launch will get late.. ..and we’ll have to wait. Get in. Many people haven’t arrived yet.
Come on. Get in. – Get in. So, you’re very busy. How is your health?
– I’m the same. I can see that. Your paunch is increasing
in size day by day. Join me.
– I’m not interested in it. Sister-in-law..
what’s wrong? Why isn’t she speaking? What will she say?
– Why? What will she talk to you about?
– Why? What’s wrong? You’re a stupid brother-in-law.
– You’re right. Do you ever enquire
about our sister-in-law? Why? What’s wrong with her? What’s wrong?
– Yes. Can’t you see?
She has lost so much of weight. What’s wrong, sister-in-law? I suffered from jaundice
for three months. Jaundice?
– Yes. Jaundice is a serious disease. It ruins the health
of the affected person. But, it couldn’t do
anything to one woman. What nonsense are you speaking?
– I’m stating the fact. Look at your health
after having boiled veggies. Don’t be jealous of me.
– I’m not jealous. I pray that you suffer
from jaundice every year. Fakir da,
there’s an interesting news for you. Move aside. Move.
– Who is it? Who are you to question me? Go and board the bus, daughter.
– I’m Fakir Roy. Fakir (poor) Roy.
I’m Aamir (rich). Don’t bother me. What have you brought with you, Chinu? Why? I’ve brought rice sacks. What will you eat? My head?
– You’re nonsense. I’m in charge of the kitchen duties.
– We won’t get food then. Chinmoy, get in the bus quickly. Is he going to cook?
– Yes. Everybody will cry if he does. Fakir, get in the bus.
– Let’s go. Buro, has everybody come?
– Yes. Yes, almost. Buro da. Buro da.
– What is it? The numbers aren’t matching.
– Of what? You always joke (mascara) with me.
– Joke? Oh God! Women use it. Where will I get it?
– I’ve got it. What have you got? The numbers have matched.
– What has matched? We were short of three people. They’ve arrived. Look. Why are you blowing the whistle? Let everybody get in. This is the first warning.
– First warning? Get in. First warning. Wild cat. “I’m your life.” It’s ok. I hope you’re fine, aunt. “You’re a poet..” Why don’t you visit us? Goga, go in. Well, how is your mother? She’s not well.
I don’t think she’ll survive long. So, she got me married. Why didn’t you attend my wedding? Your wife is very beautiful. Uncle, why didn’t
you attend my wedding? I was hurt. You were hurt? Ok. We didn’t attend the
wedding because of it. Why, uncle?
– Do you want to hear the reason? Why do you want to trouble him?
– Keep quiet. I must tell him or his father
will never realize anything. What did your father think?
That we’re useless people? Did he think we would attend
the wedding if he sends invitation.. ..through his driver? But, I don’t know anything about it. You don’t know? Then don’t bother. Get in the bus. Go.
Come. Hip. Hip. Hurray. Hip. Hip. Hurray. Hip. Hip. Hurray. Hip. Hip. Hurray. You’re useless. Keep it here. Get up. come. Come . Come on, pick it up. “Shoot as many arrows
with your eyes you want.” “I’ll bear everything.” “I’m ready to risk my life for love.” Ashok, keep an eye
on everything in the bus. Is everything alright?
– Everything is fine except you and me. What do you mean?
– You didn’t get me? – No. Look behind. ‘”I love you.” ‘”I love you.” Did you get me?
– No. You didn’t get it? You’re stupid.
You’ve nothing inside your brain. How can there be? How? The grey cells have dried
up as it feeds on nothing.. ..but ration rice
an water from the tanks. My eyes are protruding out. How can I see anything
good with these eyes? Listen.. except you and me
everybody here is in pairs. Look. “My heart is restless.” “The surroundings are beautiful.” “Come my, love.” “I’m waiting for you.” “My heart is restless.”
– I hope you’re ok. Is everything ok?
– What? Batasa (sweet sugar drop)? Why? I thought it was sandesh (sweet).
– Sandesh? Have you gone mad? Do you know how many sandesh.. ..we would need if we
give two to each passenger? No.
– So, you don’t. Do you know how much
a kilo of sandesh cost? – No.
– You don’t even know that? Akshay my brother,
you’ll never change. You’re lucky to have a nice wife. She’ll make your life beautiful. Chinu, when did you become a poet? Just now.
– Just now? Yes.
– Come here. Why, uncle?
– “My heart is restless.” “The surroundings are beautiful.” “Come my, love.
I’m waiting for you.” “My heart is restless.” “She doesn’t speak.
She doesn’t speak.” “She doesn’t speak.
She doesn’t speak.” “She doesn’t remove her veil.” “She doesn’t speak.
She doesn’t speak.” “She doesn’t remove her veil.” “She doesn’t speak.
She doesn’t speak.” We’ve reached. We’ve reached Canning. Get down. Get down. Everybody get down. We’ve reached Canning. Get down. We’ve reached. Get down. Get down. Hurry up. Get down. Get down carefully. Why are you standing here? Get down quickly.
Get down. Get down. Get down. Get down. “Why do you take
unnecessary troubles?” Three cheers.
– Hip, hip, hurray. Hip, hip, hurray.
Hip, hip, hurray. Move. Move. Look he’s dancing. Hello. Hello. I’m speaking to you, friends. It’s 11. Very soon our stomach
will start feeling hungry. I’ve been given the
responsibility of food. I’ve got someone to assist me. All of you must meet him. Goga, come here. No. No. Don’t bunk work.
You’ll be praised. He’s over-smart.
– Very good. Very good. You need not mention it. They’re very nice.
They know how to enjoy. That’s the problem, Buro da. Why is that a problem?
– Why not? Speak clearly. Do you know the Chinese proverb.
– What is it? One who can’t smile
shouldn’t set up a shop. You’re right. Therein lies the problem. What do you mean? The guy will fool us
with a smile on his face. What are you saying?
– Yes. Just match my words. He’ll earn a profit of at
least 500 rupees for supplying food. Will you play or not?
– Yes. Here is the card of ace for you,
queen. Serve here. You serve over there. He’s roaming around with the lentils. One of you serve the lentil
and the other one will serve fish. Shout praises of the
name of Lord Nitai Gour. Hail Lord Hari! Take the name of Goddess Radha. Take the name of Lord Krishna. Take the name of Lord Gosai. Take the name of Shri
Gopal Bhatta Das Raghunath. What’s going on? Stop shouting.
– Why, son? Why are you spoiling our joys? No. you aren’t allowed
to do all this here. What’s my mistake? Explain it to me. What do I explain? Doesn’t you know that this trip has
been organized by Friends’ Society? So what? We can’t allow religious
discourses and.. ..sermons on deities and
religion during such a trip. Why son? Were the deities beyond the humans? Or did they teach us
to bunk work and harm people? I don’t want to get into the details. As the secretary of
International Friends’ Society.. ..I can’t allow you
to preach religion. Then it’s you who’s
doing something irrelevant. What are you saying?
– Don’t get angry. Lord Krishna has told Arjuna
in the holy book of Gita that… …he should pay
attention to his actions. Does the International Friends’
Society think differently? If you preach Hindu religion,
we’ve Muslim and Christian friends.. ..and friends from
other different religions. They may feel uncomfortable. Have you thought about it?
– Listen to me. All religions are same. God is one.
He’s unique. He is indestructible. We never saw Him. We call Him by different
names in different languages. We can only feel
his endless compassion. Wonderful! Your philosophy is so wonderful. Mohan, did you hear his words? Which religion? Which community? We are humans.
– Yes. We’re the children of an immortal Father.
– Right. People like you who believe
in science call it nature. – Yes. And illiterate sages call him God.
– Yes. They are just different words
Allah, Jesus, Lord. Please Mr. Abani,
let’s not discuss this topic now. Why, son?
We’re discussing an important topic. I accept it but it’s
spoiling the lunch time. Oh! Right. Right. Abani, be seated.
– Ok. Greetings and best wishes
to all the members of.. ..International Friends’
Society present here. All of us have gathered
here for the same purpose.. ..and that’s the
trip to the Sunderbans. Our purpose is to get
to know each other well.. ..and enjoy the beauty of
nature amidst natural surroundings. The river, it’s water,
the infinite wind, the blue sky.. ..all of these have
captivated our minds. When the cramped, dirty,
polluted, crowded environment of.. ..the city had suffocated us,
we decided to spend.. ..at least a couple of days together.. ..amidst serene natural surroundings. That’s the purpose of
our trip to the Sunderbans. We’ll soon enter the deep forests. We’ll reach near Mohona. In the beautiful forest
surrounded by beautiful nature.. ..we’ll forget everything
ugly in our lives.. ..and vow to live like humans
for the humans amidst the humans. We’ll follow the five principles of.. ..truth, service,
peace, culture and friendship. We’ll believe in
universal brotherhood. I hope we can treat humans,
the greatest creation.. ..humanely and as our friends. We’re people of this world. We want to live with humans,
for them and like humans. Let’s chant the Vedic
mantra Vasudeva Kutumbakam… ..the world is one family. Thank you. I declare the end
of our discussion here. It’s time for cultural programme. Hurrah! Great! There are more
dancers than singers here. Will you dance?
– Yes, I will. Come on, dance. “O dear river, frantic and vigorous.” “I remain stalled,
sleepless and frenzied.” What is this?
– He is dancing like eunuchs. Come on, show me your dance.
– I can do break dance with folk song. Break dance with folk dance?
– Yes. A woman sang a folk song
like this in Netaji Indoor Stadium. Come on, dance. “Friend, I went to your place
three days but I didn’t meet you.” “Friend, three days..” You are too much. Coward! They stop! Stop the song and dance. I’ll tell you a nice story. Listen to this story. A nice interesting story. One we went to a village
near Joynagar for shooting. Do you get me? I went there with actors
Bikash Roy and Chabi Biswas. Bikash Roy and Chabi Biswas
were good at using slang language. Do you get it? A boy on a cycle rickshaw came to us. He said, “Sir, listen to me. My grandfather’s
name is Moolchand fakir. My name is Aamirchand fakir. We’ve 56 bighas of
land which is tax-free.” Bikash da told me,
“Buro, listen to me. The case is serious. Did you get him? He told his grandfather’s
name and his name. But, he didn’t mention
his father’s name.” I realized that he’s right. I told him, Come here, brother. What’s the matter? You told your grandfather’s
name and your name.. ..why didn’t you
take your father’s name? How can I take his name, he said.
– Why? We had 356 bighas of land. Just imagine. 356 bighas of land.
My father Fena Fakir.. What? – Yes.. he lost
300 bighas of land in gambling. That’s why I don’t
take my father’s name. How is it? What next?
– What happened? Bikash da and Chabi da stopped
using slang language after that. Do you know what happened after that? No.. I don’t think it’ll
be right to share it with you. Continue. Continue.
– Yes. Shall I?
– Yes. It’s getting interesting.
– Well, I’ll tell you. A boy dressed in a thin towel
with a stick in his hands came to us. He came and stood before us. Father. Father. Do you hear me?
– What is it? You can’t afford
clothes for my mother. Why do you brag before outsiders? Hey! Be careful of what you speak. Why should I be careful
of what I speak? I’m not dependent on anyone. What? How dare you say such things? I’ve the right to say it.
So, I say such things. It won’t be good for you
if you say such things again. Let me warn you. It can get worse than this. I earn a little by grazing
other people’s cattle. What do you do? Hey! Don’t speak nonsense.
– Why? Do you feel ashamed? I’ll shout and say so
that gentlemen out there.. ..can hear that you’re useless. What did you say? I’m useless? If you’re capable then why
do you get thrashed by mother? Why don’t you buy her
clothes once in six months? Hey! Don’t lie.
– What? I lie? Then why do you’ve problem
in buying clothes for mother. You’re lying again. I’ll kick you.
– What? You’ll kick me? How dare you?
Come on kick me. Kick me. If you’re your father’s
son then kick me. Hey! Don’t instigate me. What shall you do? What can you do? Son of a swine. I’ll abuse
you in such a way that you’ll die. What next?
– What next? My gurus stopped suing
slang language forever. Well, we’ve enjoyed
and had lot of fun. I suggest that we sing a song.
– That’s a great idea. Who’ll bell the cat? There she is.
Come. Come. Come on. We’ve a new bride amongst us.
– Yes. Tell her to sing a song. That’s a great idea. Tell your wife to sing a song.
– No, I mean.. What do you mean? We’re your elders.
– He’s right. Our wish is a command. She is a village belle. I don’t know if she can sing. What are you saying?
– What? Didn’t you hear her
sing on your wedding night? Shut up! shut up! Whose daughter are you? What’s your name?
– My name is Moyna. Moyna.
– Moyna Banerjee. Lovely.
– My father calls me Pakhi. You’ve a very sweet name. What’s your father’s name?
– Chinmoy Banerjee. Oh! So the jovial man who is making
everybody laugh is your father? Yes. He’s my father. Why are you lying down alone here? People are having lot of fun upstairs. I don’t like all that stuff.
– What? Why? Why do you look so pale?
What’s wrong with you? I’ve cancer. What did you say? Cancer? That’s why I’m unwell. I was healthy earlier. I could sing so well. Father would lovingly say
that I’m like the nightingale. Now father addresses me as Pakhi. What did you say, dear?
What did you say? I feel very sorry for my father.
– Why? Father is in pain because of me.
– But he looks so.. Outside appearances can be deceptive. Could you make out that I have cancer? Could you think that
I won’t live long? Keep quiet, daughter.
Keep quiet. Don’t say such things. Father believes that I’ll get well. But, I know that I’ll never get well. I’ll not live long. Keep quiet. Don’t say such things. I don’t believe I’ll get well. You’ve come to enjoy this trip. My father has brought me along. But tell me something.. ..for whom does he work
hard from morning to night? He does it for me. Isn’t it? Yes. Yes. He works hard for me. If he can profit at least 200 rupees
by supplying food to everybody.. ..then he can pay for
my next blood transfusion. What are you saying, dear?
What are you saying? I need at least four
bottles of blood every month. Or I’m in immense pain. I can’t bear the pain. My body turns pale and bloodless. I cry out in pain and call my father. Come on switch it on. Heavy rainfall and storm
is being forecast in.. ..the next 48 hours in
north and south 24 parganas. Mednipur, Howrah and Hoogly districts. The storm will approach
at a speed of 160-180 km per hour. Excuse me. Stop dancing. The sky is covered with clouds. A storm has been forecast. Don’t stay upstairs.
– Right. Oh no! Oh no! Help! Help! Oh no! Help! Hurry up. Come on. Lord! Father! What do I do now? What do I do? Help! I couldn’t anchor the boat. Oh no! I’ll get drowned. Oh no! Help! Why am I alone here? Where is your sir? Where are others
who were in the launch? Speak up or I’ll kill you I’ll kill you. Don’t dare to touch me, I’ll kill you. Goga.. I beg of you, Goga. Please take me to your sir. Don’t betray me. Where is he? Come on speak up. Come on speak up. speak up. Betrayer. Where is your master? Where is your master? Go away from here.
Don’t come with me. Akshay! Akshay! Akshay! Akshay! Akshay! Akshay! No. Leave me, Goga.
I don’t wish to live. I don’t wish to live. Akshay! Akshay! Leave me. Leave me. Akshay! What are you doing? It smells very bad. Goga! Goga! Goga, don’t go.
Come back. Goga!
Come back. Come back. Leave it. Leave it. Goga! Come back. Goga, where are you taking me? Away.. far away? Into the human habitation. Will you ever manage to
take me back to human habitation? No.. you won’t succeed. We’ll be eaten by tigers some day. Goga, will you pluck
those fruits for me? Give it to me. Are you checking is the
fruit is poisonous or not? You’ll die if it turns
out to be a poisonous fruit. Will I be able to survive
without you in this forest? Goga, you love me a lot. Isn’t it? Leave me. Goga! Goga, what happened? Stop! Goga! Goga, is it hurting a lot? Come on, let me check. What’s this? You haven’t left yet? You eat so much. Have you forgotten that
the cows also feel hungry? I’m a bit late, aunt. Don’t scold me. I’ll take
them out for feeding right now. Do so. You can’t even feed the cows on time. He’s busy playing the flute. He wants to be like Lord Krishna. Krishna of kalyug (age of vices). What a problem! If I had given shelter to
a stranger he would’ve helped me. Wretched fellow! Dholi, let’s go to the field. Mother, where are you? Mother, I feel very cold. Aunt.. aunt.. I feel very cold. Give me a blanket. Khoka (son), seek master’s blessings. What’s your name? He can’t speak anymore. He has become dumb after
contracting black fever. That’s why I’ve brought him here. You’ve given shelter to many people. Ok. Go inside with him. Hey! Is the car ready? Goddess bless him. He is a nice man.
Take care of him. Why are you crying, Goga? I know wherein lies your problem. You can’t express your pain. The melody of your
flute has made me crazy. I’ll erase your sorrows. I don’t have anyone
except you now. No one. Hey! Wake up. Goga, will we never
return to human habitation? What about the child in my womb? Coming. Wait. Goga, what if I die? You’re a man.
What can you do? You can’t save my
life with your strength. No.. don’t cry. It’s ominous for men to cry. Why do you cry? I know that you love me a lot. Hey, listen.. will you keep a request? If I die go back to human
habitation with our child. Promise me. You’ll be able to go back to
locality with my child after I die. Raise him. I’ll live in him. My sweetheart. Come on , walk. Come on , walk. Come. Come. Come. Come. Come. Come. Let’s take bath. Come on, eat. Go to your father. Don’t sit idle. Do something. He is shivering and has high fever. He’ll die. How can he tolerate the pain? There’s no doctor here in the forest. You’ve no option. Can you get honey for him? There must be honey in the forest. Honey can cure cold and cough. Crabs. Crabs. Father, crabs. Crabs. Father, what happened to our house? Sitting idle won’t help. Do something. He’s crying. Get food for him. We’ve spent the day beneath the tree. Where will we spend the night? Come on, hurry up, son. Come on. Son, don’t go there. I’m playing. What happened, son? Son! What happened? It’s paining a lot. It’s paining a lot.
– Son! Son! I can’t see him in pain. I can’t. I won’t send him. I won’t. I won’t give him. I won’t give him. I won’t give my son. I won’t. Son! Don’t send my son away. Don’t send him away. Son! My son is going away.
My son is going away. Leave me. My son is going away. Son.. he went away. I can’t live without him. The person for whom we
were living has gone away. Let’s sail away like him. Let’s sail away like him
and one day we’ll die like him. I can’t stay here anymore.
I can’t stay. Daughter-in-law, sing a song.
– Yes, sing. “You shall reside
silently in my heart.” “You shall reside silently..” “Like a deep,
secret full moon at night.” “You shall reside
silently in my heart.” “You shall reside silently..” “My life, my youth..” “My whole world..” “..you’ll fill it up with pride.” “Like the joy of night.” “You shall reside
silently in my heart.” “You shall reside silently..” “Your pensive eyes will
remain sleepless alone.” “Your drape me will
cloak me with love.” “My sorrows and pains..” “My efficacious dreams..” “My sorrows and pains..” “My efficacious dreams..” “..you’ll fill it with fragrance..” “Just like the night..” “You shall reside
silently in my heart.” “You shall reside silently..” Fantastic! You’ve sung really well. You’ve a very sweet voice. Sit down, daughter. Sit down.