Fun and excitement… all the fun and excitement Fun and excitement… all the fun and excitement Is it love, or a battle?
A colour you canít see… I can figure out nothing, Lord! Everyoneís all tied up,
what predicament is this? They walk together,
and yet is there a tussle Everyoneís all tied up,
what predicament is this? They walk together,
and yet is there a tussle To make them see reason… is difficult to
make them see reason The actors that
perform in this play… they do perform a drama Fun and excitement… all the fun and excitement Hurry! Itís time for school Jungle! Rascal! Idiot!
– Step on the brakes! Youíre a girl, and you abuse me?
– You want me to applaud you? Why did you push me?
– When did I? You ran into me You deliberately rammed into
me and now youíre talking back! I know roadside loafers like you.
You see a girl and get into the act! Watch your tongue! You broke
the button on my shirt… and now youíre calling me a loafer?
Where will I get a button from? How about the dress which you spoilt?
You know what the laundry bill comes to? Canít you wash your own clothes?
– Had I the time… Iíd show you what else I can wash.
– Go, get lost Get going!
– Go, go away God! I didnít know
youíd have such daring You came away to Mumbai
without telling anyone at home What would you have
done if I wasnít here? It didnít occur to me at all.
Had I stayed there another day… my mother wouldíve got me married
to the local landlordís son So whatís wrong? You have
to marry someone, donít you? But that chapís a
nut. Heís a real moron My father had borrowed a lot
of money from his father… for my education and
for my motherís treatment My father died under
the burden of the debt… and heís now pestering my mother. He
says, if you canít repay the debt… have your daughter
married to my son He doesnít even want any dowry.
– You mean your life is… the sum total of the
debt and the interest So what do you want to do?
– I must find a job at any cost Iíve got to repay the debt
and get rid of the landlord Any job will do.
– Easier said than done, Anjali Iím living here with a
friend whoís an air-hostess Sheíll be here by 10:30 next
Friday. Till then, you can stay here But once she arrives, itíll be
difficult for you to live here Iím sorry, but you mustnít
take that badly, Anjali Iíve got enough money to see
me through a couple of months If only I could find a
room till I find a job Letís see what we can do.
Iím getting late. I must leave When love is one-sided…
itís a punishment When love is one-sided…
itís a punishment When love is requited, itís fun Quiet! Weíre talking about life
and death and youíre hollering away! Come around, darling.
– No So it has to do with love!
Iíll sing a romantic number… the lady will immediately agree.
– Iíve agreed. For a divorce Iím not giving it to you!
– Iíve got great number for divorce… but itís a bit romantic and…
– Sing it for your wife! Now sing a song for losses! Youíre more of a mosquito repellent!
Youíve been driving the customers away Iíll be a great singer some
day, sir. That is my dream Pipe-dream. Go away –
Todayís the 4th., sir… When did I say itís the 34th?
– My salary? I have it all worked out.
300 bucks. Let me have it But we settled at 4000 rupees.
– Sure, we did You do get a salary of 4000.
But who pays for your stay here? Who pays for your
food and your laundry? It works out to 4300. Your salaryís
4000. So let me have 300 rupees But this is a fraud, sir!
– Really? So go and find
another job. Get lost! Hey Bholu! Your milkís getting
thinner and thinner every day Are you pouring water in it? I swear, Iíve never
adulterated milk with water But yes, I do adulterate
water with milk Buy it, if you can
afford it. Or forget it Hello, Nandu! How are you? Why
donít you sing a song as usual? Sing, my foot! Iíve heard the
mosquitoes singing all night Donít you have a
mosquito net in the room? Forget a mosquito net, it
doesnít even have a roof and walls I slept on the railway platform.
– You must think of me at such times I have a great place.
Itís going cheap But youíll need to pay
me a commission for that 500 rupees.
– I will. But where is it? Iíll show you… do you have a wife?
– Wife?! You know Popat, the moneylender?
He lets out his room very cheap But only to married couples.
– Why? Because his wifeís an amazing dish.
Heís terribly suspicious about her Where will I find a wife?
– Am I not here? Youíre crazy! If I tell
Popat that youíre my wife… What rubbish! What Iím saying
is that Iíll find you a wife Iíll charge extra
commission for that. – Are you a milkman or a commission agent?
– Iím an all rounder You indeed are a fast guy Whereís the other lady?
– Sheís taking a bath Quickly take the milk.
Iíve got work to do Youíre the one I was waiting for, Bholu.
– What is the matter? Thatís my friend, Anjali.
Sheís looking for a room Low rent. Will you find one?
– There is a room. Very cheap But only for married couples Are you married?
– No She doesnít know anyone in
town. But Bholu knows everyone Bholu, Bholu the good boy…
– Thatís enough Will you give me a commission?
– I will All right, Iíll find a
fake-husband for her then So youíre thinking
of leaving your house? Strange games God
plays. Here I am… waiting to quit the dingy hole Iím
living in and settling in a palace And you! Youíre quitting
a readymade palace If you had a father like mine… youíd have found my palace to
be smaller than your dingy hole But what is the problem?
– Ever since Iíve finished college… Iíve been begging for
money to start a business Whenever I talk about money, itís
as if Iíve stepped on his tail! This is the limit!
– You have just one way, my friend Change your father.
– What? Woo a rich girl, get married and
become the heir to her fatherís riches Youíre poking fun at me?
– Iím not kidding Iíve even scored with a girl.
Teja, the garbage kingís daughter Youíve heard of him, havenít you?
Itís his only daughter. Madhuri The garbage kingís daughter and
you? Donít forget your status Do you even have the money to buy
her a box to collect the garbage? I donít, but Radhesham Tiwaris son
can buy even the garbage king… not just a garbage can. Tiwari? Owner of Anjali Industries? Right. Anjali Foods, Anjali
Chemicals, Anjali Pharmaceuticals… and several other Anjalis
under my fatherís belt You told her that you are
Radhesham Tiwaris son? – Yes. Donít lose hope, my friend The more thick-skinned you are in
money matters, the better it is for you Harass your father so
much with your demands… heíll give you something
some day or the other Dad, one last time. Are you
giving me the money or arenít you? Youíve been asking me for years
and I didnít give you anything Here you are. Start whatever
business you want to with this 10 rupees! Youíre poking fun at me?
– Hear that? He thinks 10 rupees is too little!
My grandfather ran the family with it My father arrived in this
city with just 10 rupees And this is just
what I got in my dowry Ma, say something. Please.
– What will I say, my son? I asked him for a diamond necklace.
He didnít give that to me either He sold the land in the village
yesterday. He got eight million Let alone taking a look, I
didnít even get to smell the money Heís put it all in the safe.
– Shout! Yell as much as you want to Thereís eight million
lying in the house… and you refuse to give me 750,000? I spend a lot of money… in your education,
boarding and maintenance You arenít getting a penny more Who will give me the
money, if not you, Papa? What will I do?
– Rob and steal But donít ask me for the money.
– I canít take it anymore If you donít give me the
money, Iím leaving this house Sure, go away.
– Iím leaving! Iíve made enquiries. Radhesham Tiwaris
bungalow in Pali Hill is lying vacant Thereís no one there
except a care-taker When the garbage king gets to know,
heíll put you through a ringer! Iíll marry Madhuri
before he does that Once the marriage has taken
place, itíll all be over Heís the brideís
father. The only daughter What will he do? Heíll have
to accept me as his son-in-law Are you out of your mind? First tell me whatís to be
done with my father, the villain Did you ask him for the money?
– Have I been talking in Hebrew? Heís sitting on his money like a
snake. He wonít give me a penny! What did he have to say?
– He asks me to rob and steal Heíll fight my case for free.
– Nice idea So rob and steal. Best
business. No capital required What does he do for a living?
– With a tanpura around his neck… he goes around singing.
– You mean heís a beggar! Iíll have to live with a beggar?
– No beggar, a large-hearted man Here he comes Sorry, Iím late You?
– You! So you know each other? Thatís
good. There wonít be any problem then Iím not staying with this thug! You think Iíll willingly
move in with a witch? You call me a witch?
– No, you are a witchís mother… a grandmother, everything.
Youíre from a family of witches! Priya, letís go.
– Anjali… donít act like a child. My
roommate is arriving tomorrow You must somehow find a place! Adjust with him for now later,
weíll find another place. Hey boss… listen to me In Bombay, you got to pay
even to sleep on the pavements And thatís so dangerous. If someone
drives over, youíre dead and gone Bholu, she agrees.
– So does he According to Popats condition, the two
of you must look like a married couple So hereís the bridal necklace.
That will cost another 50 rupees Here, put it on her Hey! Iím not letting any Tom Dick
or Harry put the necklace on me Let me put it on you then Sheís waiting for a prince
to come along. Give it to her One minute. Iíll put it on her Popat-Seth, save my life! Whatís the matter, Waghmare?
– I caught a thief with 50,000 rupees But Iím diabetic, you see.
I went to take a leak… and the thief escaped with the money.
– How? I have decided. Iím not going
to trust a thief ever again Thatís right.
– You know what Inspector Rane says? He says I took 50,000 from the
thief and I helped him escape! Rane has gone an filed a First
Information Report against me! Do you I think Iím
that sort of a man? This is the first time… Iím
hearing of something like this. If I donít keep 50,000
on Ranes table… Iíll lose my job!
– No, Iíll give you the money But Iíll charge 10 per cent interest.
– Why 10 per cent? Iíll return all the
money to you. I swear! Iíll take all the money. But
my interest will be 10 per cent 10 per cent?
– Yes And youíll have to pawn something too.
– Sure, Iíve brought it The papers of my room
and the stamp papers How often have I
told you? Go inside! You see a stranger around
and you come running! Look, theyíve arrived Greetings. How are you?
– Greetings. When did you get married?
– Very recently And you said…
– Itís quite some time, really You donít eat non-veg
food, do you? – No You wonít leave each other
and run away, will you? Are you in a cattle market,
sir? Why worry about such detail? Let me make it clear. Sheís
the wife, heís the husband Give them the keys, and the
commission to me. You get that? Youíve brought the advance?
– Sure, here it is All right. You can stay
here from today itself Dulari, show them to their room Murder of an elderly couple
for money. Servant arrested See this? When I asked you to do all
the chores and not employ servants… what did you say to
me? That Iím a miser But look at what you get
when you employ servants! Youíll sleep at home
and wake up in hell! Oh yes, nice heaven
lím living with you in Jeetu, my son! Youíve come back! The way you left, I thought youíd
never look back at this house again Well? You went broke
and missed the free food? Have a couple of morsels if you
wish. But youíre not getting a penny! Daddy, Iím here to seek your
blessings and sweeten your tongue Iíve started a new business.
– Really? What business? Electronics, Mother. DVD players,
CD players… itís a big showroom It mustíve taken a lot of investment?
– I invested 750,000… and the bank financed me
with the rest of the 6 million 750,000 rupees? Where
did you get the money? You are the one who showed
me the right path, daddy What path did I show you?
– You asked me to rob and steal So I did I got to know that there
was a lot of money in a house I went there in the dead of the night.
The husband and wife were fast asleep I took the key from under the pillow,
took the money from the safe… and kept the keys back! They mustíve called
the cops by now! They donít even know as
yet. But now theyíll discover But which house did you rob, son?
– This one, Papa itís the money you got from selling
the land? Thatís the one I stole So you robbed your
father! Snake in the grass! When I asked him for it, he didnít
give it to me. He asked me to steal Now how could a son
disobey his father? It was unaccounted money
anyway. Let the cops arrive Iíll tell them everything and the
two of us will go to jail together Tell me the truth.
Is he really my son? Iím convinced now!
Heís truly your son! My darling son… my
good boy arenít you? Return Papas money, my son!
– Thatís not possible Are you sure?
– Sure Get out of this house then!
– Thatís what I came for Lord! Protect my son! Iím told that this house
is to be sublet. Is it true? Not true. Who are you? You walk into my house
and ask me who I am? There was this chap, Pandu… who
used to dust and swab the floor Isnít he there?
– What work is it? Itís in his own interests.
Heíd have made an extra buck But if heís not here, I must leave Sir! Sir! Iím Pandu! Canít you believe me? Here you are! So this is the real movie!
That was only a trailer? Pandus mysterious ways, sir.
Come on in, sir… welcome This way, please… As Lord Krishna says…
how about a small drink? No.
– Iíll have one Without any soda or water?
– No Nothing at all?
– No The boss has kept
the liquor for guests But the guests will come
only when the boss is here I didnít want the booze to get
spoilt. I kept taking small drinks… and pouring in small
amounts of water. And now, thereís just water in it! Pandu, youíre a very smart man.
– Not at all, sir The moment I saw you, I
knew I had met a thief in you All I wanted to say to you was
that I was as good as you are You mentioned something about money You live here all alone, donít you?
– Yes… the boss hasnít even looked
at this place for years Despite being such a rich
man, he lives like a villager The lawyers and the managers carry
the accounts to him in the village To pay me a salary, he has maintained
such a big house in the city! If you could get some cream
apart from this salary… what do you think about it?
– Great idea In that case, Radhesham Tiwaris
son is living here from tomorrow Me Me! First class! Sheru, is your
information accurate? Absolutely certain, Garbage
King… I mean, Teja-bhai Whoís he?
– Itís Radhesham Tiwaris son Is it the Radhesham Tiwari of the
multi-million Anjali Industries? Yes.
– He said, heíll marry you? Tell me the truth.
Else, Iíll kill you! Heís been wanting to meet you I swear it on the scales!
Youíre really my little girl! I knew youíd find a
gem even in the garbage! Hey! Get out!
– This is my bed! Your bed? I pay half
the rent of this house! Does the other half
land from the skies? All right. Letís draw lots
with your name and mine Whichever name the chit comes
up with, gets the bed. Okay? All right. Go ahead One moment. Iíll pick it.
– All right. As you wish you Anjali! Now move… Go away What are you staring for? Go away Get up… what are you up to?
– What? Canít you sleep quietly?
– When I lie on the floor… the cold gets to my bones
and I start snoring. Like this itís more like an explosion!
I need quiet when I sleep! So go and sleep on the roof! I
canít sleep quietly on the floor All right, go and rot in the bed I need peace, not a
bed to sleep on! Go on! Pandu… The garbage! Wash your eyes!
– Itís the garbage king! Remember what I told you? You
wonít get a penny if you mess up. Hurry up now! Hello, sir, hello Mr. Anil?
– Heís on the phone Donít keep calling me
for 15 or 20 million Take it from the
drawer in my office What happened about the
car? The Ferrari? No way itís become very common
nowadays. Sachin has one too I want a Rolls
Royce. Three, in fact One for me, one for my daddy… and I want to donate one
to my future father-in-law Iím Teja-bhai.
– Who? The garbage…
– Garbage! Sorry… thereís no garbage here. Go away.
– Iím Madhuris father Father-in-law! Iím sorry,
I did not recognize you itís okay, youíll get to know me.
My daughter has told me everything What a gem my daughter has
found! Youíll make a great couple! So when do we have the marriage?
– As early as possible… But weíll have to tell
your parents. Wonít we? Thatís the problem My parents want me to marry into
a family of big industrialists Theyíve even taken my birth chart.
But Iíve told them in plain terms If thereís anyone Iíll
marry, itís Madhuri! Thatís for sure.
– So what are we to do? Get married, at the earliest. Thatís it.
– And how about your daddy? Once weíre married, what will
he be able to do about it? Even if he does, my boss still
has 500 million to his name Till the marriage they all act
funny. They accept everything later In your shoes, this is
just what Iíd have done, son Thatís why Iíve taken the
risk. Of getting married So letís have the engagement
tomorrow. You can exchange rings Weíll find a nice day
and have you married But donít say a word to your
Papa before all this happens Come, letís sweeten our tongues.
– Yes, letís go Only after everything is over
will they get to know the truth Mr. Sahay from the city is here.
– All right Tell Ramdin to keep the
calf away from the cow It drinks up all the milk.
– Very well, madam Listen…
– Lovely voice You never said that to me earlier Not you, my dear woman… Iím
talking about Ustad Aamir Khan. Will you shut him up now?
There are guests waiting for you How can you say such things
about a luminary like him? Iíve started businesses in
your name all over the world… and you wonít use
your brains at all? Do you have something in your
brains? Or are you bankrupt already? Enough of your songs. Chandrakant
and Renuka are waiting for you You ought to have told me! You
just keep talking any nonsense Anjali, you are simply
taking the trouble No trouble. Youíre more a
friend than an AIDS virus Not AIDS virus,
Anjali. Sheís an advisor Call her a legal advisor! Itís the same thing
– Is it really? You canít tell a
bear from a potato! In there, I was talking about
Aamir Khan. You must know about him? Aamir Khan? Who
hasnít heard of him? – Iím a huge fan of his
– See? Now this is a well-informed man As for her, the cattle, the fodder
and the cow dung… thatís her world It isnít her fault,
actually. Itís your mistake You didnít expose
her to the city at all How will she know about the world
in the confines of the four walls? Thatís not the case,
sister-in-law. – Thatís how it is Why did you send your son
and daughter to London? I was born in the city and
I will stay here till I die But itís different
with the children. Theyíve got to keep up with the
world… move ahead in life, so… I hope you donít have to… go through what happened
Anandilal Kitpitia did What happened? Like you, Anandilal Kitpitia
sent his sons to London. To study. The old couple
lived in the village The children went on to
become very modern, hi-fi… and the old couple
were still raw villagers When the children
returned from abroad… they couldnít adjust themselves
to the local conditions They were ashamed of their
parents. Forget living together… they werenít even willing
to call them Mummy and Daddy And one day the children screamed
You bloody Indians and went away The children never looked
at their parents again They kept yearning till they died.
– God! If my children treat me like
that, itís going to kill me! Iíve told him so often
to move to the city… to learn the way of life there.
Letís go to the city, please Even if itís only for a month.
– All right, donít be stubborn Anandilal Katpitia…
– Iíll think about it Give me the papers.
– Here are all the reports Iíll bring the case papers of
Anjali Chemicals next week. – Okay. We must leave now.
– Very well Do call me if you meet Aamir Khan.
I want a photograph taken with him But heís dead.
– Howís that possible? I saw Lagaan only recently.
– Lagaan? Iíve been… itís Ustad
Aamir… have you ever heard him? Letís go. We might miss the bus! You are all alike!
Lagaan! What Lagaan? Saved! The ceremony is over!
– What are you saying? I say, itís nice Ten days later is an auspicious date.
Weíll have the wedding on that day Iím the one whoís eating this
paratha. So you neednít laugh I donít need your
permission to laugh! Those who laugh
belong in a loony bin! And broken parathas
belong in the garbage bin! My parathas are neither burnt
nor broken. Iíll eat all I want Is someone there? The man and wife have left the lights
and fans on, to have a honeymoon! How are you? Is
everything all right? Any problem? What aroma is that? Whatís
cooking? Potato-pancakes? Yes When we were just married,
Dulari made some for me too Her mother died the
moment she ate one Ever since, potato-pancakes
have been a no-no in my house My wife makes nice
ones. Will you have some? Would you like one?
– No, youíll be left hungry Oh no, have some!
– I hope your wife doesnít mind? Do you mind, lady?
– Oh no, not at all See? Bring it up. Quick! Hurry up, darling! Weíre hungry Whatís one going to do?
One moment. Thereís more Not burnt, not broken… steaming hot
pancakes! Here you are! For you and your wife.
– Some chutney? Sure, there is Take it all away. Weíll
take the bowl later Yogurt?
– We donít have any It’s ok. Even if itís in pieces and burnt,
I can eat to my heartís content Iíll fix you! Here you are! And I
went mad looking for you! In the bank, in the bar…
– Youíll have your money Let the marriage take place first. No marriage! Only destruction! Are you already drunk in the day? Iíve only drunk, but when he
arrives tomorrow, Iíll be buried! What rubbish! Whoís arriving? Your father Radhesham Tiwari Heís arriving with his wife!
– What am I going to do? Go underground. Quit the city.
If possible, quit the world! Right now, go away from here!
– What are you telling me? That old man canít do without cows,
buffaloes, fodder and the works Heíll stay in the city
for a week, at the most So disappear for a week!
– Thatís an expensive proposition Living in style, Iím
already deep in debt Pawn the ring garbage gave you
and check into a cheap lodge itís only for a week! Isnít that right?
Of course itís right! What? Youíre going away
to London? For a week? Whatís the hurry? For business? To make money?
Of course, you must go ahead Take care of yourself
in the aircraft Donít thrust your arm outside the
window. Yes, Iíll tell Madhuri… go ahead and make money. Bye Master is here!
– So this is our Pandu? How have you been, Pandu?
– Your blessings, sir Greetings.
– Welcome, sir Whatís happening here?
– This is our manager, Mr. KC Shukla This is your first visit to our
city, so this is a small welcome You must be tired,
sir. Weíll leave now What for? I want to
get to know all of you Please come in, all of you Where are you going, Pandu?
Go and fetch the luggage For a week or two… how much
luggage must he be carrying? Who told you?
– So? Sirís going to live
here now. Forever What happened? Fetch
the luggage. – Nothing. God, nice way youíve found
of snatching my livelihood The things he did so he
could sleep on the bed! He now sits quietly! But at
least I can sleep in peace Not a drop of water here Let me tell you
what I must today… Let me tell you
what I must today… let your heart remain with me let your heart remain with me Let me tell you
what I must today… Let me tell you
what I must today… let my heart remain with me let my heart remain with me My eyes are glued to your face… to your face, Iíve lost my heart You are the one…
who lives in my heart Pining torments me… I feel scared Your sweet words might
yet cast a spell on me Let me bear the
sweet pain of love… Let me bear the
sweet pain of love… let your heart remain with me let your heart remain with me Let me tell you
what I must today… Let me tell you
what I must today… let my heart remain with you let my heart remain with you Lay off! Iím being forced to live with you! I know youíre not a decent man… but I thought you had some
manners. You have proved me wrong! Donít even talk to me again! Donít ever talk to me! Stop it! Is that the beat?
Or are you killing flies? Donít do something you canít!
– So why are you doing it? Shut up!
– I was following you with the beat Donít follow me.
Accompany me with the beat Get it? If tune is the mother,
the rhythm is the father One who doesnít get
it is good for nothing The bell.
– The doorís over there Want me to send you packing?
– I forgot! Whom do you wish to see? The mistress! Who are you, sister?
– Itís me! Who are you, sister?
– Radhesham Tiwaris… Shut up! Who are you, sister?
– Iím Mrs. Anjali Tiwari Iím glad your name hasnít changed Iíve made Anjali a
member of the Wild Forest The forest?
– No, itís a club. A social club Now that weíre here, we must
learn the ways of this city The women in this city
arenít lizards on the walls They do a lot of social work. Whatís surprising is that… everyone there knew Anjali beforehand.
– Is it? The moment we stepped in,
everyone shook hands and said… Thatís when I realized what a
huge business empire weíre running Whatís more? He too recognized
me and shook hands with me! Who was the unfortunate man? Shah Rukh.
– Hungry who? Shah Rukh. The Khan. Film-star All the film stars come there.
– We must live in style now No style for me.
– Bring a bat into the house… itíll still hang from a
tree when it goes to sleep! Pandu, you get no salary next month.
– Itís a saying, sir! The saying is, bathe as much as the
crow wishes to, it canít become a swan! Thatís true!
– Iíll bathe and get ready Weíve got to go to the dance class.
– Dance class? At this age? Youíll sprain your waist! Let it be itís an English dance. Like this! A new way of sweeping the floor?
– See? He starts a fight whenever
I want to do something nice Thatís the only difference
between marriage and war In a marriage, you get
to sleep with the enemy Anjali darling… mercy! Whatís happening here?
– The English dance If you jump around at this age and
something happens, Iíll have to pay up Nothingís happening to me.
– Iím talking about the tiles, not you Quiet! High society
women dance every day… to keep their bodies fit.
I suggest, you dance too Me?
– Yes. Donít we live in Mumbai? We must learn to live in style.
Look at your managers and officers They live in such style.
You are their employer… and yet you go around half
naked! Donít you feel ashamed? I wear what clothes are
necessary to cover my body And look at your body! Itís sagging Take a walk every morning. Buy a
dog, to throw your weight around You can take a walk with me then.
– You just wonít take me seriously Iíve wasted a lot of years in
the village with cattle and fodder I canít take all that now.
Just watch what Anjali does now I can see it all! Your obsession
with western culture has begun… I wonder where it will end! Radhesham Tiwaris from
your village, isnít he? Who?
– The owner of Anjali Industries? Oh yes, heís from my village.
– Iím told heís in the city nowadays Go and meet him. Since you and
he are from the same village… out of sentiment, he
might give you a job Really?
– Give it a try You and his company
share the same name Maybe that will make him
happy and heíll give you a job The third time he
has stopped singing! This thing has stalled
for the third time! The old one was good enough.
But you still bought a new system Youíve changed too. So
why not the CD-player? If you find a new woman,
will you throw me out? Iíll do that, if the need arises.
– Just you try Iíll show you. Iím the
mother of two children And people still say I
look like your daughter Be thankful they donít
think Iím your grandfather Stop joking and bring a new woman!
Itíll become like your CD player! Itíll break down!
– Whatís the number of this store? Radhe-Shyam. –
Praise the Lord This is Radhesham Tiwari speaking Youíve sold me a qawwali
in the name of a Thumri? In just a day, itís broken
down. Colds, dysentery… You must see a doctor, sir.
This is the Videocon Gallery Iím talking about the CD-player…
the nuisance you sent to me No sorry. Pick up this trash
and get going immediately And send me a new one immediately No, no, sir. Iíll come
and personally check it Who you?
– Anjali… Anjali, yes… what
work do you have? I wish to meet Mr. Radhesham.
– Well? Whatís the good news? For a job.
– We have a flourishing business He doesnít need a job.
– No… Iím the one who wants a job.
Take a look at my certificates All right. The masterís very
busy right now. Come later Please…
– I told you! Go! I think I must wait a while If I get to meet Mr.
Radhesham, my work will be done Must be his daughter Know where the CD-player is? Iím here to repair it But Iím not a mechanic. I own
a store, Iíve got to check it Must be in there What airs! Spoilt brat! Hey, roving eyes… over here.
– Jeetendra from Videocon Over there The bodyís lying here.
Take it away in a bier Take it away.
– Iíll take a look. Two minutes No need to take a look.
I told you, itís dead Two minutes, Iíll check.
– No need to check. Donít touch that It must be minor problem,
sir. Let me at least check it! Pick up the box and
get going. At once! Not to worry, sir. Iíll send
a salesman and have it replaced No, I want my money back! I donít want any replacement.
I want my money back! He has left? One canít
trust these city-guys at all! Greetings.
– Greetings. You? I wanted to meet you. But madam
told me that youíre very busy Sheís a liar. Iím
always free. What is it? Iíve come here looking for a
job. Here are my certificates Wow! Youíve done M.A. And B.A. Classical music too! Wow! Havenít you done your SSC?
– Of course, I have I was only kidding What sort of a job are you looking for?
– Anything will do All we need is a security guard And thereís no need for an M.A.
Or a B.A. For that, is there? Letís clap Girl, you havenít left?
– I… You keep out of this!
– Sir… He will talk any
nonsense. You get going Go away, I say!
– What are you doing? Is that the way you talk to guests? Have you forgotten your manners?
– I know my manners, mind you The poor girl…
– Poor girl? So give her half your wealth!
– Sure, I will! I wonít ask you!
– I know whatís on your mind! But Iím the Pandey family too.
I brought three cars full of gold Return it to me with interest
and do what you want to! In any case, I fed your guests and
took the vows to become your wife! God! This wife sure is a curse! She drove the poor girl away Why did you take the trouble? I told Mr. Radhesham to phone me…
Iíd have the CD-player changed. But Iíve come here for a job You issued an ad, didnít you? Sorry… I donít understand I want this job The job? What are
you talking about? I need it very badly Whereís the need for Radhesham
Tiwaris daughter to take up a job? Looks like there is
a misunderstanding… I get it. I am an individual, I
have an identity of my own. Right? Thatís a nice thing. Iíve seen
girls with that attitude of late Even if their father is a
millionaire, to prove your worth… youíll work at pizza joints,
cafes and other places Iíll give you the job, if you wish.
But what will I be able to pay you? Whatís 5000 rupees for you?
– 5000? I know itís little.
But this business… Oh my God! I havenít
even offered you a seat Come to my office, please If you speak the truth, youíll blow
this last opportunity youíve got I agree to work at 5000 rupees Your name?
– Anjali Anjali! So daddy has named
his business after his daughter Jeetu. Call me Jeetu.
– But… Weíre going to be friends, okay? Stop playing with water and
get on with the work, Pandu Look, our new puppy.
– Wow! Where are you going with the hippo?
– No hippo, itís my doggie And Iím asking the dog where
itís going with the hippo? Shut up! Because Iím your wife,
you canít talk any nonsense! Youíre always acting
proud like a peacock But donít forget. When the peacock
loses its feathers, itís naked! Letís go, puppy.
– You can laugh all you want to The things that
happen in this house! You? Here?
– Hasnít Anil returned? The lodge… heíll return
after a week from London You can come after a week.
– Let me meet Mr. Tiwari then Weíre going to be relatives
soon. And we have to meet some day Heís not in right now.
– Where has he gone? To the market.
– He? To the market? The temple! To offer namaz!
– Namaz at the temple? No… to chant the Lordís name.
– All right. Iíll wait here Thatís no good. After the
prayer, heíll take a bath Wonít be come home for a bath?
– Yes… no! Heíll bathe at the temple.
He has sworn it, you see Thereís a well at the temple.
– He wonít drown in it, will he? He will come home, right?
– Yes, tomorrow! Iíll come tomorrow then.
– Sure? Why are you crying?
– Tears of happiness Thereís going to be love
between the two of you Iíll come tomorrow Didnít this garbage bin find
another time to spring here? Pandu, youíd rather vamoose.
Or youíre going to be dead Dead!
– God Someone from my village
was here to inform me Master, can you give me 5000
rupees? Iíll work and repay it Of course. Iíll give you the money Take a train and go to
the village immediately Or youíll land in trouble Trouble will break out even
after Iíve left for the village Lord Ganesh, donít think Iím flattering
You, but You can very well do it That girl Anjali…
make her fall for me Sheís Tiwaris only daughter. If she
falls for me, itíll be a huge lottery An order from Hotel New Horizon.
They want 50 sets of Videocon TV itís 6 p.m. Let me drop you home No… Iíll take a bus Iíve got a car. Why
must you take a bus? Címon… donít think too much What happened?
– Nothing How can I go away,
until you go inside? Why not?
– I can see you then A coke, please Some chips, please Come. Mister, watch the
movie ahead. Not here Iím not an enemy… Iím not an enemy… why have you driven me crazy? Why have you driven me crazy? Iím a friend… Iím a friend… so whyíve you stolen my heart? So whyíve you stolen my heart? I was out one day,
straying from the path… when colorful roses
of love blossomed All distances were finished.
We began to get closer Such was our state, we
began to breathe faster Iím not among your assassins… Iím not among your assassins… so whyíve you thrust me
among those that live? Iím a friend… Iím a friend… so whyíve you stolen my heart? So whyíve you stolen my heart? Iíve lost my heart, although
it all began as a joke Iíve forgotten the world
to lose myself in your love I wonder how I will
tell you about my love… how will I profess my love to you? I live in your heart… I live in your heart… so why have you given
my heart a sweet pain? So why have you given
my heart a sweet pain? Iím the beautiful
moonlight everyone covets… God alone knows who I was born for My desire is a writing on the wall So there will be victory and
defeat in this game of love I rock in your arms… I rock in your arms… yet, why do you accuse me? Yet, why do you accuse me? Iím not an enemy… Iím a friend… so whyíve you driven me crazy? So whyíve you driven me crazy? Whyíve you stolen my heart? Whyíve you stolen my heart? Canít you sit without
clinging to the girl? Canít you sit without
clinging to her? Is she your sister?
– Sheís my wife! So what are you going to do? What? What wife, son? Your beard says
it all. You werenít married ever You baldie! Who the hell are you? Who the hell are you to ask me?
– Forget me. Who are you? Who are you? Whoever you guys are, Iíve
bought a ticket to sleep in peace Not to watch the movie!
Go outside and fight! Where will I get a rampuri? I donít know Bhelpuri,
paani-puri, you get there. Iím talking about a knife! Where will I get one?
– Donít do anything rash, boss Iíve decided. If I see him with
Anjali again, Iím going to kill him Either he lives, or I…
– Master, master… heís her boss She has only respect for him.
Sheís not in love with him How do you know?
– I see them everyday in a restaurant Which restaurant? He escaped But if he looks at you again,
heís going to walk on his hands He doesnít know what
stuff Iím made of Forget it. There you go again.
– No, Anjali I canít tolerate anyone
teasing you. Iíll kill him! Now look… Jeetu… Why? What happened?
– Letís go, please What is it?
– What is it? Whatís biting you?
– Whatís biting you? Whatís biting you, tell me?
– You tell me whatís biting you How did you get here?
– Walking. Whatís it to you? Walking? Youíll run away now!
Whyíve you standing between us? Why? You own the place?
– Yes, this is my fatherís pad. So? Itís my grandfatherís pad, so?
– You got the nerve, eh? You got it? Want me to show?
– All right, you show it Try and touch me.
– You try and touch me Donít use my lines!
– You donít use my lines Go away…
– Want me to show you? Iíll show it to you.
– Go on… get lost Want me to show you?
– Let me see! Coward! You donít have the spine! Paper-tigers. They wonít
even touch each other You donít know me.
– Who are you? Iíve seen so many
like you! Go away! Come here and talk to me! Pipsqueak Iíve seen so many
like you! Go away! Here I am! What do you want to say?
– What is it? What? Iím not scared of you! Oh God! Iím going to catch them today! God Almighty! Whyíve you crying? Whyíve you hollering
away? Whatís wrong? You ask me whatís happened? What
a thick-skinned man! Disgusting! Despite what you did, you
proudly stand before me! Arenít you ashamed? Am I a virgin bride… to
feel shy without reason? Tell me clearly what has happened So you want to hear
it from my mouth? Is someone else around?
– Not the values Iíve imbibed… to utter disgusting things!
Iím from the Pandey family Keep crying! What were you doing with
that girl in the shrubs? Girl? What girl? I was
looking for my cane. Without your dhoti? You look so innocent! Butter
wouldnít melt in your mouth! Tell me, who is that girl? I
donít wear glasses like you! Tell me. For how long has this
game of hide n seek been going on? You drive the girl away
the moment you see me! How can you even think
of something so filthy? You can very well do it!
And I canít even think of it! I have done nothing! Even if I have… itís
a great thing Iíve done! You havenít bought me… to expect me to watch the fun!
– So go away! Right now! All right, Iíll go away.
But first return to me… the 3 cars full of gold I brought
in dowry, along with interest Iíll go away after
that… Till then… I wonít let you have a ball!
– Shut up! Whatís up, master? Did the
girl say something nasty to you? One thing is clear, Bholu.
Sheís in love with her boss Not someone crazy like me Iím glad my craziness
has been of help How else could I have
made the world see reason? Youíre getting disheartened
for no rhyme or reason Sheís in love with you,
but she wonít tell you She wants to make you feel jealous.
– What sort of love is that? This game of love, you know About swimming across oceans
of fire and all that crap Take my advice. Fall in
love with another girl Want me to knock your teeth out?
– Donít jump the gun Pretend to love someone else.
Like youíre burning in envy… she too will burn, if
she really loves you Sheíll come running to you.
Take it from me in writing Iíve had it! Jeetu, my motherís here If she sees me here,
all hell will break loose I said I was going to a computer class.
– Why? Because I havenít told my
parents Iíve taken up a job here If she sees me…
– I get it, I get it Stay here, Iíll handle her Hello… welcome! Wow! You look beautiful! New sari! New pair of shoes! What can I do for you?
– Give me some music cassettes Music I can dance to.
– Sure, what do you want? No, I want only Western music!
A childhood habit, you see Know what? Iíll make a nice
collection and send it to your house I hope you know my address?
– Who doesnít? Remember to send it
across. Please donít forget Has she left?
– Has she? Phew! Saved! Jeetu, I got to leave early today.
– Why? Tomorrowís my birthday Arenít you inviting
your boss to the party? No, thereís no party. Actually,
Iíve got to out shopping Letís go. Iíll accompany you.
– No, Iím expecting a friend You donít want to invite
me to your birthday party… but Iím going to give
you a surprise surely Priya, Priya, Priya… My dear! I went crazy about you,
the moment I saw you I know, there are
obstacles in our path But rivers and streams
do flow down the mountains Like we have to unite some day You mean the life to me. I
love you more than my life You are dearest to my heart If sheís jealous, sheís in!
If sheís in, Iíve scored! Did you write this?
– Yes, but… Devil! You?
– Iím here to wish the birthday girl Fat roses! Who told you
todayís the birthday? You are a very special
customer. And we maintain records But thereís a mistake in your records.
– Really? The birthdayís tomorrow. Not today But I was told itís today.
– Who told you? Thatís what I heard.
– All right, all right Do come again tomorrow,
like youíve come today You must. The first flowers
have been given by you, you see? Thatís all right He has brought roses? And a letter? My dear Anjali. These
roses are a token of my love Roses arrive today, to
be followed by the bee Iím the one heís
going to sting first How was it? What? My bouquet, of course.
– Bouquet? I gave it in your mummyís
hands. Didnít she give it to you? I see, that one? It was very nice Did you read the note
I left in the bouquet? The note? Yes, I did What did it say?
– Well… donít you know?
– No, I mean… did you like it?
– Yes, of course. Very much So you donít mind any
word Iíve written, do you? Mind? Why would I mind? So why did you lie to me?
– Lie? That yesterday was your birthday?
– Actually, Jeetu… You didnít want to
invite me to the party Thatís not true. There
was no party at all I know, because the partyís
tomorrow and so is your birthday Your mummy has invited me So youíre coming tomorrow?
– I wonít, if you donít want me to You must! Why mustnít you?
At what time did she say? At 7, she said.
– I see Know what? Come at 9.
– Why? The time has changed a bit Iíll be there at 9.
– All right If Jeetu had arrived before the
cake was cut, Iíd have been exposed Whyíve you standing outside?
– Actually… Iím waiting for some friends of mine.
They donít have the proper address Know what? Go in there
and enjoy the party Iíll join you as soon
as my friends arrive Of course! Iíll join
you in a few minutes Heís the same boy! Dad! Iíve had it! Heís hiding from me! So I was right This boyís having an
affair with Anjali, Iím sure Youíve got your peace… all Iíve got is my craziness Youíve come to your senses… and Iím still in a daze But youíre the one
my heart still loves Youíve got your peace… all Iíve got is my craziness Youíve come to your senses… and Iím still in a daze But youíre the one
my heart still loves Youíve got your peace… all Iíve got is my craziness How am I going to placate it? My heart is crazy, it wonít relent How will I tell my heart? It does not know
what love is all about Iím obsessed with you…
and you donít even realize it You got all the hospitality,
I was treated with indifference Youíve got back to your
senses, lím still in a daze Youíre the one my heart loves Youíve got your peace… all Iíve got is my craziness Hereís someone who
could die for her love… and thereís someone
whoís unfaithful in love What pain these distances give…
only in separation will we know Ever since I have seen
you, Iíve gone crazy Youíve got your sleep… I got only helplessness Youíve come to your senses… and Iím still in a daze But youíre the one
my heart still loves Youíve got your peace…
all Iíve got is my craziness Youíve come to your senses…
and Iím still in a daze You dare call that
boy to the party? You invited that witch too.
– Which one? The one your eyes were
glued to at the party! Wow! Thatís a wolf
in sheepís clothing! I can understand it from the
way your feet were moving and… the way your anklets were
chiming. Now that youíre exposed… you accuse me and find the excuse
of having fun with that young boy? The pot calling the kettle black! Speak! Who is that girl? I caught you in the shrubs,
so you cast mud at me… and try to save yourself?
Listen carefully! Iím not letting your scheme work!
Iíve had enough of your farce! You take me for a fool?
You think Iím an idiot? Just let me tell
you! I know how it is! Itís not going to work for long!
– All right Give me the gold I brought
with interest. Iíll go back! Go back! How about the expensive
saris Iíve given your horrible body? Whoís paying for the goodies you
helped yourself to over the years? I cooked for you all day and
night! My work pays for it all! You paint the town red with
strangers and talk back at me! The scores are leveled!
If you can do it, so can I! Will you do it? Will you?
– Yes, I will too! So will I!
– Go ahead and do it! Whoís stopping you? Just stop
interfering in my affairs! You mustnít interfere either!
– I wonít! Hello.
– Hello Iím Teja-bhai.
– Please come in I havenít recognized you. –
Iím your sonís father-in-law I donít get it. I wonít beat around the
bush… and confuse you. Iíll come the point Donít let your B.P. Get out
of hand when you listen to it Thatís what I say. Come
straight to the point My daughter has decided
to marry your son What? Hello One moment. Your daughter
has decided to marry my son Right?
– Right So what can I do? Tell your
daughter to change her mind No, you donít understand The two of them have got
together and taken this decision Theyíve got engaged.
Theyíve even exchanged rings What is he talking about?
– It canít be our son Because our son is not here.
– I know Your son is in London.
– Right But your son was here.
– When did he go back? After the engagement,
he went away. On business Iíve sent my son to London for
further studies. Not business Now look, mister. Whatís
happened is in the past Letís peacefully and
amicably sort it out It canít be sorted out, Teja-bhai. My son will marry
the girl I want him to You mean, whatever has happened…
– What has happened? Theyíve just exchanged rings,
right? They havenít got married yet Heíll throw the ring
away. End of the story How will he take off the ring? My daughter isnít an empty bottle
whose label he can change at will Donít talk too much!
From the look of you… I can tell how your daughter must be.
– Does she also sport a moustache? Radhesham Tiwari! If youíre
a big man, I donít care! You donít know Teja! I come
from a family of killers There wasnít a day when my
fatherís knife did not taste blood! His father was a butcher?
– You are insulting me! Youíre still here? Shameless man,
go away. – Líll go away! But I will surely come back! Listen…
– What? Iím talking to her, not you I suggest we call our son down here.
– Yes, call him here And see whether he obeys to you or me.
– Wonít you go away? Lím leaving. Donít yell as if
youíre fighting the elections! Could there be some truth
in the rubbish he just spoke? Not at all. Heís just a fool Do you really think so?
– No Know what? Weíll telephone
him and call him over Wait! Iíve got to know the truth.
– What? That Anjali and you
are not man and wife Meaning?
– Iíve heard the bickering… that goes on between
the two of you. How would you know how happy
I am to learn the truth? We do keep fighting… but
we are really man and wife. I know everything. Look at this Miss Anjali Does anyone
address a married woman as Miss? Ever since you wrote that
letter to me, I understood… you would really marry me. You
will free me from Popats cage! Marry you? What if Popat gets to know?
– To hell with the old fossil! Anjalis coming Youíre the one I was waiting
for. Thereís a letter for you I thought Iíd give it to you.
– Okay, I get it So this is the extent he has
gone to! But why must I care? Mother has written
to me from the village The landlordís son will arrive.
Heíll marry me and take me away Weíll live in marital bliss My dear Anjali, Iím sending
Raja to you by tomorrowís train Youíll get to know each other better,
if he stays with you for a few days Heís the one youíre
going to marry anyway Donít forget, weíre alive today
because his family has helped us You will never disobey your mother.
You will agree to the wedding Iím sending you a photograph of
Raja. Heís no longer like he was… he has changed a lot. He has shaved
his beard, he now looks like a prince Youíll be stunned My prince will come to marry
me and Iíll dance in joy Another villain? Who the hell is he?
– Whoever Heíll marry Anjali and even
drive me out of the house I have an idea.
– What? Letís scare him and
force him to return How? Heís the one. – So go and scare him!
– No, not here. Itís a crowded place Once I scare him, he wonít
step in Mumbai again. Come on Whatís he up to? Has he gone mad? Heís cleaning something. The
shoe or the pole, I canít say Heís stuck to it!
– He must be electrocuted! Go and save him!
– Are you crazy? Youíll die too Find a stick. One blow,
and heíll be separated Is that why they tried to kill me? Yes. I brought you
here, because I liked you Anjali isnít as
innocent as you think Sheís having a terrific
scene with someone Who?
– The one who… Heís a very dangerous man.
Have you heard of Chhota Chetan? I saw the movie.
In 3-D. – Not that Heís from the underworld. Even
the cops are terrified of him He has committed 40 murders,
but he still hasnít been caught He uses a new knife for every killing.
I saw him with a new one yesterday Maybe itís meant for you.
– So why did Anjalis Ma send me here? They plan to bring you to
the city to bump you off Even if Anjali marries Chhota
Chetan after your death… her family has nothing to lose.
– No, that canít be true Whether you believe it or
not, your body will believe me Is Raja here?
– Go to sleep Raja! Is there anyone here
answering to the name Raja? Iím going to finish him!
Heís hiding somewhere around My men have just broken
a few of his limbs Heís my 50th victim. Iím having
a grand party after killing him Iíll finish him if he comes
here. Tell him I was here Did you see?
– How would I? You covered my face! Why did you lie? You say he has
committed 40 murders, he says 50! Whatever! He has committed
the murders, not me Now get the hell out of here.
– How far is the railway station? Iíve got catch a train back home.
– No point in venturing out Thereís a strike in the
railways. Canít say when itíll end So what am I to do?
– Hide somewhere here Chhota Chetan and his men will
look for you all over Mumbai So hide under an assumed name.
– But where will I hide? Find a cheap lodge near the railway
station. Hole up in one of them Catch the first train out
as soon as the strike is over Else, Iíll have to mail
your body to your village Believe me, or go to hell Welcome! Welcome, Teja-bhai Hey sonny… come here.
Let me show you something This is my son.
– This? Recognize him?
– No No? And he says heís
your father-in-law! Ask him! Have I married your daughter?
– No Have I promised to marry her?
– No Tell me something…
are you weak in the head? No.
– So why did you kick up a fuss… that he had promised to marry
her? Why did you create a scene? Is he your son? Any doubts?
– No I have no doubt that heís my son Heís not the one I spoke
about. Itís your other son Whatís all that
about? Which other son? Your elder son!
– Look at him I have another son and I
donít even know about it! You have a brother too!
– You are a big man… who runs a big business
empire. You must have forgotten But your other son lives
right here. Everyone knows that My God! What am I hearing? You have another son
outside my knowledge? This man is lying!
– Heís your son, all right Though heís a bit dark of skin When I saw her, I
was a bit doubtful But anyone who looks at
you will say heís your son The same eyes, the same
nose, The same lips… This is rubbish! Donít scream! Call your servant,
Pandu. He knows everything He was witness to
everything. Where is Pandu? Heís gone to the village,
his father has died Died, or did you have him killed? You send him away when
youíre about to be exposed? I understand it all! Itís your
ploy to stall the marriage! Enough! Make anymore noise and
Iíll sue you for defamation! Shut up! You arenít
Tiwari, youíre a disease! Iíve cured diseases like you!
I visit the courts every day Donít forget, I come
from a family of killers Are you threatening me? Are you?
– Yes, Iím threatening you! So go and do what you can!
– Youíll know it very soon! In a weekís time, if you donít let
the marriage take place… youíll know! My God! Iím doomed! Mom! What are you doing? Am I supposed to stay
here or go back to London? My son, at what time is your flight?
– At eleven tonight, Mom Go away! If you stay here… youíre going to get spoilt
in your fatherís shadow! Dad, Iím leaving. Iíll confirm
my ticket at the airport All right. God bless you Letís get out of here. Thereís
no meaning in staying here Letís pack our bags and get going!
– Only after coming here… Iíve got to see your true colors!
– What rubbish are you talking? You donít believe me and
you believe a stranger? I wouldnít have believed it earlier But thereís no way I
cannot believe it now You are a flirt! Before our
marriage, you have been a womanizer! Líll go back only when
I have all the proof! Iíll shave my moustache
if you leave this city! Your heart wonít relent
unless you see him! That bloody Videocon!
– My virtuous husband, arenít you? You keep listening to
classical music all day… and this is what you do by
night? You are Satan himself! Wow! You accuse me? Iíve
seen your programmes already! A good thing, isnít it? Keep
watching it… and kill me! God! She wonít die like
that… go to her help! Manager, do you have a room? Whatever it is, I shouldnít
have to leave the room And I want an attached toilet Name? Raja… Tulsidas Khan What name is Tulsidas Khan?
– Shut up, scoundrel Your fatherís name?
– Javed Chaurasia Your motherís name?
– Mumtaz Bedi Are you the India-Pakistan border?
Were you born to cross parents? Shut up, or Iíll slap you!
– Is your old man dead? Of course, Iíll pay you And give me the keys,
quick. I badly want to pee And donít tell anyone
that Iím staying here Pay for the cups you broke.
– Get lost Pay for the two cups you broke.
– I wonít! Get lost! Give that to me My umbrella! Iíll carry it for you.
– Not necessary The name is Babu Bisleri.
– I donít want to bathe! I canít trust anyone. Everyone
appears to be Chhota Chetans man Theyíre out to kill me! Anjali,
why did you do this to me? Why? Priya, what am I
going to do about Jeetu If I tell him the
truth, Iíll lose my job Thereís a vacancy in my
office for a receptionist Your qualifications are the best
among the lot. Iím sure youíll get it But youíll have to
wait for a month. A month? What will I do with
Jeetu in a month? Donít go to work at all. What if he visits Radheshams house? Heíll get to know the truth.
Which he has to, some day Ring him up and ask
him for leave of a month Tell him that your Papas suspicious That he sends the driver
with you everywhere When you finally land the
job, you can tell him the truth Sir, Iíve checked it
thoroughly. Itís first-class Since you sent me the new system
did I ever call you to tell you… that I wanted you to come
here and solve a problem? No, sir. You didnít.
– No? So did you dream it had a problem? No? So why have you come here?
– Service check, to see if itís okay I know thereís no problem with it.
– No problem What are you looking around for? Sir, isnít Anjali there? So this is how it is! He calls a woman of his
motherís age by her name! You do get along well, donít you? We know each other very well, sir You mustíve met at your shop, right?
– No, sir… weíve met mostly outside.
– Romeo and Juliet meeting outside! No wonder she goes
out all dressed up! Anjalis not in – Have you checked everything?
– Yes Is all the payment made?
– Yes Nothing outstanding?
– Not at all So what are you looking around for? That painting itís lovely.
Must be very expensive? I donít know, I stole it Thereís the door Can I have a glass of water?
– No water supply for three days Iíve been drinking only coffee.
But thereís just a cup left. Anything else? Iíll come in a couple of days to
check whether thereís a problem No, you have given us enough trouble.
Donít give us anymore trouble… weíll bear the
trouble we already have If I could meet her mother,
maybe I could meet Anjali too Is the wife there, sir? My wife! Not the wife! Itís not a joint-account!
Sheís all mine What I meant was…
– I know what you meant Sheís not in right now.
Tell me what it is regarding Will you tell her I was
here, asking for her? Must I?
– Please donít forget Oh no! I canít forget
this till I die! Sister! Sheís regaining
consciousness. Please call her husband Thereís no need to worry. You got injuries in
the feet and head… because of which youíve
been unconscious all day But the doctor has examined
you. Everything is all right How will I thank you?
– Why thank me? I just got here Thank your husband whoís
been here all night and day He didnít budge from here. He
cried so much, heís in a bad way Youíll be discharged in a day or
two. Look after yourself, okay? I must leave now itís all my mistake.
Please forgive me Whoís that boy who has tainted
a virtuous woman like your wife? You! You fed her all the crap and
compelled her to come to the city! I didnít want to set
foot in this city! I know the water in this
city is contaminated… and the people here are scoundrels!
– Sir… Anandilal Kitpitia…
– Iím sick of you and your… coming! Stop ringing! This is Jeetu from
Videocon. Is Anjali there? Anjali has drowned in the sea!
– Please give her the phone… Are you trying to bully
me? You wretched guitar! Iím not giving the phone to
Anjali! Iím not! What will you do? Sir, give me. Bullís offspring! Whom
are you threatening? I know scum like you! Your father mustíve been
up to no good to sire you If you even utter the name
of the Tiwari family… Iím going to break the legs
of everyone in your family! He appears to be a dangerous man Looks like only a beating will…
– What beating at this age? It was different earlier. I used
to fell a couple of them in the ring Iím talking about
thugs, sir. Not you Iíve fought a lot of such criminal
cases! I know a few thugs too Youíve only got to pay them and
show them what this chap looks like Donít hit him too much. Just
give him a push and let him go If he acts smart, Iím going
to break his legs and… No, please, no!
– One leg then? No! He wonít look appealing
without his hands and feet Just give him a light slap There he is… Iíll be
hiding behind the tree Letís go Whatís your problem? You dare toy with the
womenfolk of the Tiwari family? Beat him up! Where are you going?
Whoís going to pick him up? Hey mister… get up.
Your friends have left You canít use this telephone.
Itís meant for the staff Everyone wants to use it Anjali, where have you been?
I want to meet you right now! No, I canít meet you right now.
Iím out shopping with my parents Iím calling you on the sly How long are we going
to play hide and seek? Youíve called me after five days!
You know how worried Iíve been? Hadnít you phoned today, I
was about to go to your house No, donít do that. If
my Papa gets to know… Heís got to know already!
He sent goons to beat me up! But whatís God going to do? Iíll
have to do something on my own Wonít I call you at your house if
I want to talk something official? Which I did. But the old man
flared up and called me names There was another bastard
there who was very rude God! Jeetu, donít call
my place ever again Iíll give you a friendís
number. Her name is Priya The number is 6334523.
Call only in an emergency There is an emergency!
Now, this moment! I want to ask you something, Anjali.
It has to do with my life and death What?
– Do you love me, or donít you? Say something. Iím sure you love me… but I want to hear you say it. Say yes, just once… and Iím willing to take
on the whole world for you Jeetu, how will I say it? Just once, say I love you If you say no, I
will never call again Why donít you say something? Is the old man around?
– Yes If you agree, you donít
need to say anything Just cut the line.
– Know the truth, Jeetu? How often will I tell
you not to use this phone? Why did you get up from
your bed? Go and lie down Thereís this beautiful fairy… she has descended from the skies… she stands before me… sheís the one I have
fallen in love with I have fallen in love with her Sheís the light from
the Moon and the stars… sheís the lamp in a temple One glimpse of her
has driven me crazy Sheís the melody of my breath,
she means the world to me Whatís my heart, I could give my
life to her, if she asked me for it Thereís this beautiful fairy… she has descended from the skies… she stands before me… sheís the one I have
fallen in love with I have fallen in love with her When she looks at
me with a smile… my heart goes out to her Her charms are as
enticing as she is itís her dreams Iím lost
in, all day and night… sheís the one I see when
I awaken every morning Thereís this beautiful fairy… she has descended from the skies… she stands before me… sheís the one I have
fallen in love with I have fallen in love with her I have fallen in love with her Iím glad sheís taking a bath! Anjali! Iím here to take
you away! Come on out! What brings you here? Who are you? Youíve forgotten me so soon?
– Oh yes My CD-player, TV set, oven,
refrigerator are all working very well. Go away I request you one last time,
sir. Please donít stop me Give my Anjali to me
with your blessings, Donít you feel any shame at all? A boy and a girl love each other
so whatís there to be ashamed about? A girl?
– You think sheís an old hag? I get it! Youíve fallen in
love with Anjalis riches! Tell me… how much money
do you want to forget Anjali? Donít weigh my love in the scale
of wealth, Radhesham Tiwari! Shut up, you beggar!
What have you got to lose? Iíve earned name and respect
in this country and the world You spoke sweet words
and led her astray… and she drove you crazy
with her silly antics But remember, sheíll never leave me
to go away with a pauper like you! Really? If youíre so confident,
call her here, you old fossil! And ask her in my presence.
– Iíve asked her several times… and she has answered me too!
– Youíre lying to me! If she says the same thing to me… Iíll live all my life
with half a moustache! You need to have whiskers first.
Go away, before I call the police! Not even the military can separate
two lovers, do you understand? I know youíve locked Anjali upstairs.
– How did you get to know? What else can you do, Tiwari?
Quietly hand over Anjali to me… or Iíll have to go
upstairs and break the lock! To do that, youíll have
to step over my dead body! Thatís enough, Radhesham. If I
donít take Anjali away in 24 hours… I wonít be Jeetu from Videocon!
– Think of another name. Go on! You have 24 hours, Tiwari Stop me, if youíre
truly your motherís son! Right now! Iím willing
to pay 10 for each of them Send seven strong guys here
right now. And listen… each one of them must wield
a gun. And every gun must work No, itís not a bank. I have
a priceless antique item I canít see it being
robbed in front of my eyes The hospital bill is so high I donít know how
Iíll ever repay you. Your husband has paid the bill He borrowed the money from
me at 10 per cent interest Not every girl has
a husband like yours Anjali, the taxiís waiting Listen! Letís run away!
– Now? Yes. Iím ready No, not now. Maybe a few days later Youíve always been saying later You havenít fallen in love
with your fake wife, have you? No, actually youíve
misunderstood me That letter…
– Itís still with me If you betray me, Iíll have
you thrown out of this house… and Iíll show that letter to
everyone and give you a bad name Donít do that. You are the one
I love, but I feel scared… if Popat gets to know, he can send
us to jail with his money power All right. Come out Come out! You will do as I say.
– What? The two of us will
elope in a few days Where to?
– There is a place… Popat can never get to!
– But… Donít worry. Just go and
hide in some cheap hotel Where? Thereís a hotel opposite the station.
Stay there and behave like a madman Iíll come there later and say
that youíve escaped from the asylum Iíll take you to the
railway station… weíll take a train and run away! Is that necessary?
– Yes If we leave together,
Popat will get suspicious If we leave separately, he wonít
even guess weíve eloped together Someoneís going to help me!
– Who? The police. Sub-inspector Waghmare I know how to entice him. Okay? But make sure you carry
enough money from here Donít worry. Iíll take so
much cash and jewellery… weíll have a
honeymoon all our lives! Rob something once Iíll tell the Marwari and send
you away on a honeymoon forever I know youíve hidden him somewhere! Have you got rubbish for
brains? Iíve told you… I donít have another
son, I donít! I donít! So who was he?
– How am I to know? Radhesham, donít
test Tejas patience! So you donít believe what Iím saying?
– No, I donít! Are you sure? 100 per cent?
– Sure, hundred per cent! Okay. So listen The one youíre
talking about is my son That he promised to marry
your daughter is also true But Iím against the marriage.
So Iíve hidden him away somewhere Where I have hidden him, Iím
not in the mood to reveal to you Do what you will! Go away! You will now see
what stuff Iím made of Not only will I find your son,
if I donít take the two of you… beg in the local trains of Mumbai,
I wonít call myself Teja-bhai! Give me in the name of God!
– He speaks for the beggars too! Radhe! Radhe! Why did I leave my village
and come to this hell? Hey buddy, someone
fishy staying here? Iíve been sent by the Garbage King Talk to me You… Ask me what you must to.
– Who are you? Babu Bisleri. The mole Is there someone hiding here? Yes, heís the one Who is it? You?
– Yes, me Why have you come here?
– Where have you been hiding? I went mad looking for you! You even
gave the hotelier an assumed name I went crazy banging on every door! Iím the one who has gone mad You said your employer
would go back in a week Heís not willing to budge,
so what do I do? Rot here? Itís got to be very dangerous. Had
I stayed there another minute… Iíd have been crushed between
garbage and my employer Never mind. Thereís no
point staying holed up here I need to decide something.
– The Garbage King has already decided The marriage is not taking
place. Heís out to kill you If the marriage does not
take place before that… Heíll beat me to pulp,
right? Never mind that Hereís what youíll do.
Iíll give you a letter Quietly go and give it to
Madhuri. No one must get to know Write the letter by all means.
And also give me 200 rupees Iíll immediately take
the letter to Madhuri… and no one will get to know! Swine! What did you think? Youíd promise marriage and
toy with my daughterís honour? You mustíve betrayed a lot of
girls. But you canít deceive me! Forgive me!
– Open the door… else, líll break it down! Líll
break every bone in your body… string it in a garland and put it
around your arrogant fatherís neck! Open the door! Sonofagun! What do you think? Youíll hide here and I
wonít be able to find you? I can look at a fly and tell
you whether itís male or female! Open the door!
– Chhota Chetans thugs! I donít want to marry
her. Leave me alone! Iím here for your funeral,
not your wedding procession! I donít want to marry her!
Iíll go far away from her! Shut up! You wonít get the
girl even in your dreams! Iím going to kill you!
Come on out, you swine! Break the door Make mincemeat out of him
and lay him at my feet! Thrash him! You play a drama with me? Get up! Whoís this? You said that scoundrel
was hiding in there! That scoundrel told me. Leave this clown alone. And
find that son of a bitch. Come on Hit me! Thrash me! Donít
let me live anymore! Just about anyone comes along
and gives me a thrashing! When is the railway strike ending? Iím glad you came soon.
Whom do you wish to see? Iíll do it for you, but the documents
of my house and 50,000 rupees… you must quietly
bring and give it to me Sure, Iíll do that.
– I havenít seen… the party Can I see him once?
– Youíll find him at Welcome Lodge If I ask for Nandu at Welcome
Lodge, will they tell me? No, heís going to stay
there under an assumed name Iíve asked him to pretend madness.
Thatís how you will recognize him Welcome Lodge? All right, Iíll go
to Welcome Lodge and meet your punter Iíll tell him that youíve sent me Iíll get him out of there and have
him at the train, the very next day Iíll be there! Nandu and
I will run away from there! Is there someone here
whoís off his rocker? Is there a madman here? Ask the boss.
– Donít you act funny with me Iím warning you! I
know it for a fact… that a madman has run away from
the asylum and is hiding here! A madman? So say that clearly, sir! That madman is surely hiding here!
– Who? This oneís sure a nut.
– A policeman! Officer! Get me out of
here! Iím in a bad jam! Theyíre coming to take you away.
– Iíll leave on my own How can you go away just like that?
– What will you do about it? You canít go away. Everyone
knows youíre crazy… youíre mad Officer, theyíre hand in
glove. Iíll tell you about them Hands off me.
– Iíll explain They want to prove that Iím
mad, take me away from here… so Chhota Chetan can kill me!
– See? I told you heís mad!
He talks any nonsense Get out… move it!
– He gets into fights! So heís one of them too! Why have you shut the door? Why? Come here!
– What for? Iíve got to tell you something.
– No thanks. Let me go You neednít worry, feller.
Iím Inspector Waghmare The other party has sent me here.
– The other party? The other party will arrive
exactly at 10 to take you away We got together and made
the plan to deliver you there Are you one with them?
– Yes God! Now I know why the police
are terrified of Chhota Chetan! Damn it! Wow! I canít figure out how such an
atom bomb fell in love with you! Not she, I was the one who
fell Ever since I was a child Since you were a child?
– I never imagined… this would happen
to me! Iím leaving! Scream!
– Iím going! People will really think youíre mad.
– Iím not mad! Go! Get him! Hold tight! Tomorrow morning, she and
I will come to take him away His expenses… you will bear. Will I get some tips first? Sure, if he runs away,
youíll get a tight slap What are you telling
me? Anil has gone mad? He doesnít step out of the room. Heís the only man… whoís
living under an assumed name. It must be Anil then He wrote to me that
heís hiding here. That girl has betrayed me, he says He misunderstands you and
says, Kill me! Kill me! Maybe heís scared of your papa.
Right now, heís been hidden somewhere Tomorrow morning, they are
taking him to the asylum Madhuri, why are you crying? Heís in this state
only because of me! Iíve been wanting to tell
you something for a long time Go ahead Iím not a singer, like you
think. I come from a rich family There was no dearth of riches
and comforts in my house But my parents were
against my music They wanted me to take over the
family business, and I didnít want to I began to feel suffocated
there and I ran away from home Whyíve you telling me all that? The drama weíre both
enacting… could we really? Theyíre here to take him away.
Did he cause problems last night? He did, I banged the
hammer on his head and… Is he dead? – No.
Plastic cups donít break easily I got to hammer his head
again and take him away Iíll play the music for him.
Itís days since I beat up someone Iím mad! Iím a lunatic! Not so much over-acting…
donít go overboard! Heís begun to speak! Heís not dumb! Iíll carve you to pieces!
Either you live, or I Iíll kill you first
and die afterwards! Yes, carve me to
pieces, kill me! Hack me! Calm down, Anjali What will you get out of yelling?
Itíll only attract the neighbours If you lose your respect,
how will you live with honour? What respect is left
to be lost anyway? Look at this letter!
Written by her lover! My dear Anjali, our hearts
met and united at my shop I know, that old man is
a shackle in your feet I did what I could to
reason with that scoundrel… but he just wonít agree!
– Lies! This is a pack of lies! Iíll hack you to pieces!
He further writes… Thereís just one way left. Tonight, Iíll quietly
rescue you from that hell Read it for yourself!
Why do it on the sly? Go away openly! Before that, end your
relationship with me! He got someone to write the letter! He wants to throw me out so he…
can bring that young girl home. Which young girl! No wonder heís putting all
these false proofs together! But thatís not happening!
I will go away… I brought three cars full of gold.
– You want that back with interest? Yes!
– Thatís what you want? Iím not giving it! Iím not parting with a
penny. Do what you can! Go away and file a case.
Before that, leave the world! Weep on Videoconís shoulders!
Donít shed tears here I know Anjali very well. She canít
have an affair like the one you say You mean, heís having an affair?
I know Mr. Tiwari very well Heís not that kind of a man! The less said about your
knowledge, the better! Sir, trusting womenfolk
is like committing suicide I suspect you too are having
an affair behind my back! Lawyer! Are you here to sort out my
problem or create one for yourself? No, sir. We must solve this puzzle We can decide it only after we
get to know whoís behind all this Whoís that boy? Letís call him here Oh yes. Letís decide
this once and for all Iíll call that boy right here.
– No, sir… I have a condition before
you call that boy here Youíre a very hot-tempered
man. – Give that to me You will reason with that
boy, without getting excited… or creating any scenes. It ought to remain in the family The two of us will go inside… he mustnít think youíre humiliating
him in front of the world Speak up, Tiwari. Here I am Did you write this letter, Romeo?
– What? Anjali, our hearts…
– Yes, I wrote it You wrote this letter despite knowing
what the consequences would be? Yes.
– Since you have so much courage… Anjali means the life to me! Anjali means the life to me! You want to hear that again?
– Lawyer! You?
– Papa! So you were born of
him? It makes sense then When the brand itself is faulty,
this is how the showroom will be! Boys are often naughty at this age But the womenfolk must preserve
their honour, mustnít they? Watch your tongue, lawyer!
– I see! The bitter truth! Whatever my sonís character,
heís surely better than you are! You donít even know how many sons
of yours are roaming the city! What rubbish!
– Listen boy. Speak the truth Did I ever tell you that
Iím in love with you? No.
– So then? Iíve been talking about
Anjali, his daughter My daughter Anjali? Which
new daughter is that? You also have another daughter! Heís lying! Absolutely!
– O God! What am I hearing? Itís lies! Somethingís happening to me… Tell me the truth. How many
wives and children do you have? My darling wife! Heís lying!
– Youíre the one whoís lying I used to drop her
here every evening! Decide brother-in-law
or father-in-law. One moment… whereís
that girl right now? Papa, this old man mustíve
hidden her somewhere God! What a monster!
– Heís lying Do you have any contact number? Yes, I have her friendís number Ask her where she is. Call her here.
– Yes, call her here! This is our Nandu! He has run away from home. The
informer will be paid 200,000 200,000! Popat! Youíve
hit the jackpot of 200,000! Let me see how you step out.
It has to do with 200,000 rupees How did you get there?
– Popatji, Iím leaving Leaving? How can you
leave just like that? Your picture has been
published in the newspapers! The one who takes you home
will get 200,000 rupees Donít mess with my reward,
please. Stop there… stop! Remember something?
Isnít she your daughter? Sorry, I made a mistake They met in the garden as
father and daughter. God! Take me away!
– God isnít a weight lifter, fat lady! Shut up! My child… am I your father? You call her My child and ask
her whether youíre her father! Shut up… my child…
am I your father? Hurry up and speak. It has
to do with my married life! No What nonsense! You told me
that youíre his daughter! That he hates the idea of
you working in my store! And I even met you
at this very place! Please forgive me All these misunderstandings
are taking place because of me But please hear me out once After that whatever punishment
you give me, I will accept I came to this city
to look for a job Despite the best of my
efforts, I couldnít find one And when I got the opportunity
to work at his showroom… I didnít want to lose it. So
I spoke one lie after another To hide one lie, I had
to lie many more times Thatís the truth After a very long time,
Iíve spoken the truth today Donít cry, my child What has happened is in the
past. We hold nothing against you Where is your other son?
– There she goes again! You want to see? You want to? I come here for the last time! One problem ends,
another one begins! Welcome, youíre the
one we were missing. – Itís either this
way or that today! You folks donít know what a
dirty rotten scoundrel I am! I knew that the moment I saw you.
– Silence! Where is my daughter?
– What? His daughter? He always asked where my son was! And now he asks
where his daughter is! Do you suffer from an affliction?
– When you got to know… that Iíd have my daughter
married to your son… you had my daughter kidnapped!
Where is my daughter? She has married me and is
very happy to be with me Shut up! What are you going to do?
– Iíll take your life! Itís not a toy. You might
kill me! Put it away! Shut up! I could pump
your body with lead anyway! I know all of you are
conspiring against me! So everyoneís going with
me. If anyone refuses… itíll be his last refusal! Move it! Iím going to bite
you back, you dog! Stop there!
– Get him! Get him! Get him! Out! This is no garden, itís
my den. The den of death Whereís my daughter?
– Itís coming out of my ears! From my house to here, you
asked me a hundred times! Which language you do understand?
– Where is my daughter? Tell me, else Iíll kill you! You hit me! Garbeg. – You! Wait there… You… spiting on me. You kiss my wife! You dare kiss my Mom! Freeze! Iíve got a
pistol! Stay where you are! One, two… Catch. Your father was dead,
isnít it? His son dies now! Hey loony! Quiet! Hands up! How will I? Tell me where my daughter is.
– She has committed suicide She has ended her
life in a dry well! You poke fun at me? The
slugs in this gun are real You want to see? You
want to? Take a look Nobody moves! Else
youíre dead-meat! Stick your hands up, or
Iíll send you to hell! Hey hero… you want me to
send you through the mobile? Stick your hands up! Go on! Listen… How much more will you make me run? Anjali, where are you? Everythingís suddenly
so quiet, isnít it? Like the clouds
clearing, after a storm A lot of things are clear surely I admit, I loved you because I
thought you were Tiwaris daughter I have to give some girl the
charge to my life some day So I thought, why not… Jeetu says he wants to marry me Nandu says that too Nandu and I have been pretending
to be man and wife for many days So that consideration
Nandu must surely get So youíll marry both of us?
– No Actually, during the
melee that took place… I found a way out of this dilemma.
– What? Iíve written both
names on these chits Whichever name comes
up, Iíll marry him What? Nandu, you pick a chit.
– I wonít! I always lose! No, not me! I always lose!
– We have no other way, Nandu Iím not picking lots.
– Iíve prayed to God… Heíll help me choose the right boy Jeetu, you pick a slip I knew Iíd lose! Nandu in this one too?